Monday, February 23, 2009

Another blog?

As a pop culture fan, I can't find the kind of commentary and discussion I'm hungry for -- not for video games, not for comic books, not for TV, not for DVDs, not for gadgets . . . and so on. There's a lot of it out there, but it tends to come up short on journalistic cred and fundamental civility. I've had some experience trying to blog without those failings (see About Me) and without being a doddering snooze. Gonna try again, starting now.

I'm sure I'll be tempted at times to become one of the many new media pundits whose punditry is about the troubled world of media. Enough ex-newspaper types are doing that, and some quite well, actually. I'll force myself to abstain.

For me, it will be enough to stick to Batman and the Watchmen, to "Scrubs" and "Hell's Kitchen,'' to the Wii and PlayStation 3. Next post: a few words about DC Comics' "Final Crisis."

No comments:

Post a Comment